The Legendary Completed Pile

The Veteran

So yes, Titan Quest is a rather generic button-bashing, Diablo inspired RPG, (...)

TQ was rather well divulged as I recall, and I did hear of it. However, given the above was pretty consensual among reviewers and since I had given my index finger more than enough exercise with Diablo it struck me as a pretty pointless retread.

::

Hadn't seen the 'construct' dismemberment before. Looks fun! :(

Because I've been pretty slack with this thread lately and because it's already been mentioned, I thought I'd put in a quick appearance from another game tonight. Given that it's simply an extension of the previous title with identical gameplay and very few new features it seems silly to post it later as a standalone commentary.

So instead here it is in quick succession to it's predecessor Titan Quest, it's;

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/XTC%20completed%20pile/ImmortalThrone01.jpg

As mentioned previously, this is very much a continuation of the original game that was released approximately a year after the birth of the franchise. It sees the hero from Titan Quest plunged into a new adventure when some unpleasantness occurs in the underworld and Immortal Throne requires a player to have already completed the original game in order that their character is sufficiently strong to survive this new quest.

This direct continuation from Titan Quest, along with the fact that Immortal Throne wasn't originally bundled with the first title, means that anyone wishing to experience the extended story would need to buy both. Chances are though people would only be interested in IT if they'd already played TQ so it isn't really an issue in my mind! While it remains fairly cunning on the part of the developers, Ironlore, the game is now available in several different packages with most including both games for a very reasonable price.

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/XTC%20completed%20pile/ImmortalThrone03.jpg

Of course, Immortal Throne isn't just 'more of the same' through and through or it would most surely have failed to impress both fans and critics alike. This was not the case and it was received very well, as was Titan Quest before it. The ability to create 'Custom Quests' to play through remains in place with this second title and essentially creates endless possibilities for the game as long as fans remain happy with the mechanics and graphics of the franchise.

New additions to the Titan Quest World in Immortal Throne include a whole host of new environments and enemies, mostly of the undead variety! Illustrated above are some of the many spectres that the player will encounter in the underworld, I believe these two locations are the city of lost souls and the bridge over the river Styx. Among other locations visited are Hades' treasury, Demon camps and Elysium, with the spaces between filled by dozens of others.

As mentioned by Silencer, Immortal Throne does ramp up the difficulty somewhat but as mentioned previously, this is due to it being a direct sequel to Titan Quest. Your hero has just defeated a Titan, things don't get much worse than that right? Well they do in Immortal Throne it seems and there are a handful of pretty tough bosses between the two ends of this title! Pictured below are a few of the beasties waiting for you in Immortal Throne, starring the particularly nasty Cerberus. Don't keep him waiting, two of his heads are very impatient and the third is very hungry!

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/XTC%20completed%20pile/ImmortalThrone02.jpg

You've already seen it? Didn't know it was even out yet! Though we are in slightly different countries I'm guessing most of Europe probably shares similar dates for such things... Anyway, I'll allow a brief sidetrack to discuss it as I want to watch it too! Let me know what you thought of it, I'll be posting my next game tomorrow at some point so tell me if you have a preference for that too :(

Yep because my friend got pre-premier tickets for closed show :( The movie is quite good but the fighting got bit rushed considering it was on the last 30 minutes of the movie I mean the grand battle not that there wasn't any fights in earlier minutes. I think that only thing their screwed were gods themselvs

Greek panteon has more than 4 gods but in the movie you have only Zeus, Posejdon, Ares and Athena

There is more '3D' depth than in Avatar, but still I think that cinemas are breaking the law - wy I must see the movie in 3D only ?

About the game - well the only game from back then that still sits warm inside my heart is Unreal + Expansion Return To Na Pali. Also you could mention about first X-Com competition - "Incubation" and If you mind the Adventure games - be it eithe TLJ, Syberia or Broken Sword.

• 3 weeks later...
Having spent yesterday helping a friend move house and today recovering from the former, I return now with the second highlight reel from the ever-growing completed pile! Today's choice was made for me by my partner and I have to say it's a pretty good one. This is a 1996 release (so don't expect state of the art graphics!) by a company called Cyberflix. Sadly they went the way of the dodo in '98 so it's one of very few titles but it's a very involved game that I enjoyed a great deal and in fact have replayed several times. This is something I very rarely do!

So without further ado, may I introduce to you all;

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/XTC%20completed%20pile/TitanicAOOT01.jpg

Veteran you are being lazy again :(

New Titanic