A taste of whats comming

I have been working a while on a enhancment project for both EU and TFTD. and part of that is adding new UFO maps.. to give a feeling of newness in the game.. most of the maps for EU will be a re-release of the current map packs. (with Fixed Alien AI's so they dont sit and stair at the walls)

But For TFTD I have been working on compleatly _New_ map designs.

This one is Based on a design sent to me by 'The Vetteran'

https://bladefirelight.home.attbi.com/images/bcruiser-3.gif

"Battle Cruiser"

Now, I'm not going to show you the inside.. You will just have to wait for it to be released and explore it your self :P

-Blade FireLight

Cool. Just one question. What are you using to make those, (and the maps and the other stuff)? Are you hacking into the game and fixing stuff, or are you using 3dsmax, or C++, or what? I'd like to get in on the action. :P

Just another teaser for you. This one an extract from the UFOpaedia replacement.

This is the largest alien cruiser of all and it carries on board all of the alien technologies necessary to create an alien army from any location

Good luck with it Cid! :) Oh and don't be fooled... It may be the largest cruiser but there are three more ships to come that make this one look tiny!

"Hey boss, where do we land the Triton?" :P

Hmm, why limit yourself to ships? Why not build fortresses like the alien colonies?

Those pseudo-random floorpans that XComutil generates (particularly the ones with 30x30x3 tiles) always make me think that I'm assaulting a flying castle rather than a UFO. :P

- NKF

You want lobsters? You'll have your lobsters but trust me, you'll soon get sick of sea food! The cloning chambers aren't just for show my friend... :sly:

Flying castle eh? I'd replace the colony if it's needed of me but I'd just do a bigger version of the original with a smaller exit area. What's that you don't want to kill the last alien? You're going to be stuck with four men in the second part then!

• 2 weeks later...