Co-op Story...Game?

Sleep Is Death

This is a little unusual. Explained better in the link than I can here, but basically, Player 1 is the protagonist, and Player 2 is, well, everyone else.

You can pre-order it now for $9, and it's due for release on April 9th if you do, saving yourself $5 and getting the game a week earlier.

It's interesting, but... strange, I'm still not quite sure what the point of the game is.

It does remind me of a D&D gameplay session, kinda, ehm... in the sense that the player is playing the character, and the DM is playing just about everything else. I wonder if the point of the game is for the "DM" to create a story and then develop it as the player does stuff?

Haven't read the whole site, just went through the intro slides, but if someone tries it, please share your thoughts on it, may be worthwhile :)

I wonder if the point of the game is for the "DM" to create a story and then develop it as the player does stuff?

I think that's it, yes. Which is why it has to be two-player. Presumably, you can create a game of any length, and even improvise on the go.