Curb the Gaming Addiction

FullAuto

• 2 weeks later...

You're a mentally ill gamer who has fond memories of a survival horror title on the PS2 which might as well have been called Scholastic Evil: Limited Budget.

Because you are an idiot and think money is worthless, you go looking for it again and find it on eBay for a not very much money at all.

Imagine your surprise when even the auction reassures you how good the game is.

Here's an example of how I get into trouble. I see an upcoming game, Silent Hill Downpour by Konami. I get interested.

(What are Konami playing at recently? I used to think Nintendo were a bit special in the head, but lately...

Announcing a game's release after it has been released (but not distributed)? Check.

Releasing three Silent Hill games in one month? Check.

They did a MGS HD Collection. Released it on the same day as COD MW3. And actually took cut stuff from it. Corking.

Releasing one of those Silent Hill titles on the same day as Mass Effect 3? This was initially planned but changed on very short notice. Well done them on recognising they're not the only ones releasing games.)

As I was saying. I get interested in one title. I then find out other SH titles (Homecoming, The Room) actually aren't bad, and are going cheap. And hey, look, there's going to be a SH HD collection, too!

This gets me hunting around for other survival horror titles, and I become reacquainted with the Siren series, which are also rather good. While digging around for those, I come across other titles on the same platform, including some classics like the Shadow Hearts RPGs, which are not only really good but are also very sought-after.

Damn. It.