Neptune's Pride.

FullAuto

Der game.

Welcome to Neptune's Pride

The online multiplayer game of Strategy, Intrigue and Galactic Conquest!

Neptune's Pride is a real-time game played over several weeks. You can log in at any time of the day to check the progress of your fleets, view the results of battles and issue new orders.

Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate!

It's the game you know and love with a twist. A 4x Strategy game with its complexity stripped away to reveal an exciting game of diplomacy and strategic command.

A sort-of review.

Neptune's Pride is a game of two things:

#1: Intergalactic War

#2: Being a jerk

Or diplomacy, as I believe #2 is referred to in polite society. The way play works is nice and neat. Each player controls one spacefaring species in a galaxy full of star systems, and the game ends when one of you wins by holding more than half the systems in the galaxy. It's a 4X game, stripped way down to its bones and taking place in real time. Fleets can take anything from 4 hours to an entire agonising day to complete a hyperspace jump, and games play out over the course of a few weeks.

But I mentioned being a jerk! Oh, what unforgiveable human beings you all become. It's why I like the game, really. The guys behind Neptune's Pride clearly understand that we're such a slimy, conniving, cunning collection of cu-- creatures that there's incredible mileage in a strategy game which simply presents the framework required to let us screw each other over.