The Worst Video Game Stock Photos

Gimli

There's an ongoing thread over on Qt3 where people post stock photos of people playing video games, which are completely wrong.

So someone just posted this and I had a tough time trying not to laugh (people around me sleeping). The DNF and Pokemon ones are my favorites by far, but there's other good ones, too.

Know any others? Please share them with us. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually true of all adverts - watch a commercial for, say, shoes, and you'll see people having much more "fun" then they would in reality.

Can't find it now, but I once saw a video of kids playing games. Most of them looked somewhat slack-jawed (no wonder all our parents thought we were brain dead), though there were the odd few who really got into it (slowly leaning forward as they got closer and closer to their target in an FPS, then bursting out into laughter when they finally gutted them with a knife or something).

This is actually true of all adverts - watch a commercial for, say, shoes, and you'll see people having much more "fun" then they would in reality.

Car dealership commercials are notorious for for making it look fun to shop for a car. It always seems there are hundreds of people in those commercials briskly walking around, expressively talking to a salesman and having a grand time sitting behind the wheel of a floor model at that limited time "sales event". Go into any car dealership on any day of the week and you'll be able to hear a pin drop. Not a customer in sight, but plenty of pesky salesmen buzzing around you trying to make a deal. I don't know who advertisers are trying to bamboozle, but anyone with half a brain will recognize that a commercial never accurately portrays a product, be it cars or games. :D

- Zombie