UFO Navigation research picture.

WolfenMage

This is rather trivial, but when I was playing my new game and had just researched Navigation, I noticed that no aliens match the appearence (unless it was some sort of cyborg Ethereal) of the alien in the pic. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be?

Trivial I know, but weird as well.

Hmm, there are a few good possibilities here.

Its two distinguishing characteristics are the mechanical parts and its pink skin. The cyborg parts make you think 'naked Muton', but the pink skin suggests Floater or Ethereal as Mutons have a purpler shade. The alien has a slimmer build than a Muton too. However neither of these rule Mutons out entirely. Floaters are a close second as they are part organic and part machine. Ethereals are probably the least likely as they normally wouldn't need to rely on mechanical augmentation on their own bodies thanks to their psi.

- NKF

Looks mostly like a (rather decrepit) Muton to me. The facial structure is the closest match; Ethereals have no chin and Floaters are just plain funky looking.

Though it may well be like the giant bug alien on the game box - just something they came up with for that specific image.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd always thought it was a floater before they augmented it for flight. You know, just a dime-a-dozen labor grunt. I mean, what use could a floater worker really have for being grafted to a anti-grav sphere?

Alternatively:

Though it may well be like the giant bug alien on the game box - just something they came up with for that specific image.

...is honestly most likely the answer.