Shadow Watch!

FullAuto

I knew a guy who played this incessantly for weeks on end and swore the game was awesome. Never played it myself though. (Besides, I was way more interested in X-COM back then). :)

Just because IGN (under breath: *corrupt*) gives it a good score, it doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. Moby Games gives it a conglomerated score of 64 with 10 reviews, with IGN being the highest. Seems the German reviewers didn't care for it much which weighed down the score quite a bit. ;)

- Zombie

I've played way back. And I find it quite good. Each character has it's own set of abilities similar to S2/S3 but not as complex. Interrogation/coversation between missions is more than cosmetic as depending on the questions asked you will have different missions available and the conditions of the mission will also change (N

I knew a guy who played this incessantly for weeks on end and swore the game was awesome. Never played it myself though. (Besides, I was way more interested in X-COM back then). :)

Just because IGN (under breath: *corrupt*) gives it a good score, it doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. Moby Games gives it a conglomerated score of 64 with 10 reviews, with IGN being the highest. Seems the German reviewers didn't care for it much which weighed down the score quite a bit. ;)

- Zombie

While I agree that IGN isn't necessarily the site you want to give most credit when it comes to integrity, I trust their reviews from back then a hell of a lot more than the reviews they spew out now. While I haven't seen statistics to support my opinion, I'm fairly confident pay journalism was less common in those days.

That said, I never buy games based on one person or site's opinion, and would never recommend others to either :)

IGN likeD it. In year 2000...

What's your point?

Why not just google-search for the demo and try it out for yourself? I've done a search and managed to get several good hits on the first page.

The campaign does fall short tho. IIRC, you'll get to do 5 missions on each of the 3 cities plus the final mission totalling 16 missions in a single campaign. While it does offer replayability thanks to random initial city and faction (there's 3 factions in each city) with 3 distinct units per faction the overall strategy won't change much, if at all.

EDIT

Youtube searches only yielded the intro FMV here:

and the Main Theme in the soundtrack with static video here:

My el cheapo budget release copy arrived today, upon install I was treated to an advert for Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, and assured that it was 'coming soon'. Brilliant!

An initial struggle with one of those exception error jobs was quickly concluded when I DLed the Java DLL and stuck it in the Shadow Watch folder. Bish bash bosh, running.