Turn Based Aliens

flark

Definitely NOT spam. Awesome game. Spent a couple of hours on it.

Believe it or not, it IS possible to get through the first stage with zero losses (need some luck, too) and second stage is very tolerable with many survivors.

What bothers me is the lack of codes that would enable you to continue the game in the stage you want with all the benefits you have won already. Because the game takes time.

Ah, I missed your Flash game thread. I'll have to take a better look at that.

Believe it or not, it IS possible to get through the first stage with zero losses (need some luck, too) and second stage is very tolerable with many survivors.

The best I've done is gotten through with only losing 1 of the 2 smart gunners. My strategy usually involves me having to sacrifice one of them to cover my retreat, just like in the movie I suppose.

Yeah, the second stage is fairly easy if you have a large amount of survivors from the first. Again, you usually have to make a number of sacrifices during your escape though.

And on the third and final stage, I like the way you can stumble across those who have been captured on previous missions. You can even stick 2 fingers up at Burke on the way out (not literally).

What bothers me is the lack of codes that would enable you to continue the game in the stage you want with all the benefits you have won already. Because the game takes time.

I guess so, though it doesn't bother me too much personally . At least there is no temptation of looking up codes to cheat. ;)

I really love the way this game sticks so true to the movie, yet at the same time is so beautifully tactically balanced.

I found that for me the best troop composition for me is both flame-throwers in front (need a clear line of sight), both 2TU smartgunners following, all pistol carriers in the middle, 3TU smartgunner and shotgun (that also has 3TU) in the rear. 3TU give the rear guard an option to shoot and move behind the rest. And pistol carriers can try to wrestle aliens when one of the... well, less expendable members is held.