BUG: See down throug enemy base ships hull

Ehlers

I have tried to read the UFOpaedia for this bug, but could not find it. And did not expert that I actually would find a bug, but oh well :P

Mission in desert vs large cross shaped Large Scout. The transport landed right next to the alien base. So I though I would get a good overview by flying my soldier up (4levels up) to stand on the small wing from the transport, this resultet in being able to see down through the ceeling the next turn when the aliens moved around. I then moved another my other flying suits up around the base, but I think it is only possible when having a soldier standing on the small wing of the transport. He even got to do reaction fire with his laser rifle through the ceeling killing the alien in the 2nd turn of reaction fire with shooting all auto shot reaction fire.

I got the whole command room plus the samll room that connects the command room and the entrance room.

So why even go through the door now, when you just can call death from above :)

There are quite a few things like this in the game where tiles aren't as solid as they look. There have been a few threads about it here on the forums - perhaps Zombie or NKF could offer more information.

There are actually tiny spaces or cracks between the top and sides of a UFO hull which will sometimes allow line of sight angles inside. This wasn't intentional, but a bug. The map programmers used the wrong LOF templates. :)

It's mentioned in the UFOPaedia wiki on this page. :P

- Zombie