Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Aliens

kai

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bit like finding the most useless rookie and sending them in to the UFO as a suicide bomber/scout who gets shot after walking through the door. More fun making the aliens do it.

That said, when they kill their own who are under X-COM mind control, does it effect their morale?

I try to avoid using explosives in the bridge if I can, less chance of damaging the loot.

If it's a large scout then I send 2 people in by the left bridge entrance, to get a view of who's there and 1 on the right hand entrance. depending on where reaction fire is likely to be more of a problem is how I decide where to have the 1st soldier fire.

With battlecruisers, I normally have snipers covering the exits to the ship and kill the aliens with reaction fire. If they start to loose morale, then I send the troops in

The trick with explosives is to only bomb a new area once. You'll recover all the loot off the corpses, but the second explosion will blow away the loot that was dropped before. So a single Hi-X or a blaster bomb into the bridge is nothing.

As for what you lose? Well, I don't know how closely related navigation units are with the battlescape chairs and wall doodads, but I'd be careful around the power unit, as those have elerium 'in' them.

- NKF