Valkyria Chronicles

Kermel

Hi! Last Christmas I got this game and I thought I would share my opinions here, as it is, after all, a turn based tactical game, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be selling well.

Ok, this is not a new X-COM or Jagged Alliance. I'll begin with the cons:

Cons:

I've had a go at this and it is rather good. Graphical style is a little different, good score, and I particularly like 'buying' side-missions, that's an ace idea, and as they mostly provide backstory they don't mess with the main game. Being Japanese, it's quite different to the TB norm in Europe or America, while still recognisably fitting into the genre.

There aren't that many turn-based games being released any more, for any platform, with the PSP and DS probably having the most currently (discounting the large PC back catalogue). You can find them if you look hard enough. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Defending a gate from an armoured+infantry force with a small inf group. Gate and my men are at the south end, enemies attacking from the north.

All I have to do is hold on until my tank turns up. And I do, under heavy fire.

My tank rocks up behind the enemies, gives the enemy tank one in the arse. Enemy tank rotates, shoots me in the frontal armour. Pfft, pesky flies. I give him another one, almost killing the fat metal bastard. End move, but am delighted to discover I have enough command points to use the tank again.

MWAHAHA!

Target enemy tank, tease reticle onto him, squeeze trigger. BANG!

Round skims past the enemy tank, destroys gate.

;)