The history of video games

Slaughter

LOL, it was nothing like that. Pong was a very simple game with basically no measure of strategy involved (except for perhaps distracting your opponent). But the game would be pretty interesting if balls would suddenly spawn in your court in an unanticipated location. I think the only testing I ever did on it was complaining that the ball was out and it somehow managed to be returned anyway. ;)

I read most of that article, and remember a lot of the old stuff in there. My uncle was the president of the local Atari computer club for many years and he would always be bringing home consoles or computers to try out (it seemed like every other year or so for a while). And being a big fan of gaming back then, I'd be more than willing to give him a hand. So I'm pretty versed in Atari, but not in the other areas. I never realized Magnavox put out a console. :laugh:

Edit: I wonder why the title of the article is "The History of Video Games" when it mostly deals with platforms? My original hope was that there would be some mention of popular games which made an impact besides the usual Donkey Kong, Space Invaders and Frogger. Arcade games are but a small part of the video gaming industry. ;)

- Zombie