Infinite Fuel

mobius

anyone ever experience this? after I build a craft that requires E115, it has 0 fuel. if I transfer it to a base with no E115 before leaving the base screen, it goes to READY intercept status when it reaches the new base, even though its tanks are empty

with dual plasma, I can send it out on missions, and have it patrol/move indefinitely (until it's damaged I presume). you have to abort its base return and give it new orders after a battle. since it always shows fuel at 0%, I assume the devs look for fuel == 50 instead of fuel <= 50 for the forced base return check. once it returns to base, the game realizes what's happened and it's stuck in refuel mode until you get some Elerium to it

tried this with an Interceptor, and it automatically began fueling after purchase (probably because traditional fuel is always on-hand)

for reference, I'm using the CE version with xcomutil 9.5 running (including f0dder's loader thanks to the game's graphics being screwed on my XP laptop's ATI card)

This is a well known glitch in the game. It just forgets that it needs fuel when transferred, and stays at 0%. Theoretically, the fuel level should never get to 0, so if it does by a glitch, it just stays in the air. Pretty cool and pretty cheap at the same time.