Alien Base Placement

EsTeR

Hey,

Is there an editor that can place alien bases onto the geoscape?

I use two files (craft.dat and loc.dat) that contain 20 alien bases on the globe (including your own start base in default setup) that I use to play a difficult game from start. I am getting a bit bored with the scenario however and I wish to place alien bases all around the south pole (about 15).

and:

I tried again to get many bases, but i was only able to get 28 alien bases built before the game starting to play up (frozen transport ships, disappearing interceptors etc.)

DOES anyone know the maximums for the game (info on bases especially) with respect to quantity of ships, bases, terror sites etc. concerning ONLY the geoscape.

playing CE version of Xcom1

Thx.

Hey,

Is there an editor that can place alien bases onto the geoscape?

I use two files (craft.dat and loc.dat) that contain 20 alien bases on the globe (including your own start base in default setup) that I use to play a difficult game from start. I am getting a bit bored with the scenario however and I wish to place alien bases all around the south pole (about 15).

and:

I tried again to get many bases, but i was only able to get 28 alien bases built before the game starting to play up (frozen transport ships, disappearing interceptors etc.)

I'm impressed that you got that many on.

LOC.DAT has a hard-coded size of fifty entries. As observed, the consequences of overstuffing are...ugly.

I guess the 50-record cap on geoscape tokens in loc.dat would indicate the aliens could build that many bases. That's assuming you sell all your craft and dismantle all your bases. Though, I have never seen any more than ~30 bases on a map at any instant. Of course, I usually have a couple bases with 3 ships each so that cuts down on the number of alien bases. Don't know if the aliens have any type of buffer. They can spawn an unlimited number UFOs so you would think they would keep base building within a reasonable level... :D

- Zombie