Noobish question

Yang

This one should be very simple to figure out but for some reason I failed to understand so far:

How do you capture enemy units?

I'm talking about those missions for capturing enemy teritory where you have to capture some marked unit. Somehow I managed to capture one unit once but only after severely injuring it (the green bar was gone) and of course I couldn't move it.

So, what's the propper procedure?

I agree,the medpack is the most popular method of capture (after it is critically injured of course).But you ask for the PROPER procedure?,well in my humble opinion what I would do,is first paralyse the target (physically or Psionically) then use a weapon/object that is able to stun/K.O then move your medic in and revive it :(

Another option (early on) is to select your best shooter and order him/her to fire single shots at the target,being careful not to use too much force on it hehe.,while the rest of your squad quickly finish the rest of the enemy off...if they are good enough :(

This of course is in an ideal world,and im not sure if any of this is possible in this new game (was in :AS),but I am sure it is.

Thanks for the input. So far I don't have any weapon that paralyses a target but I'll see what i can to with the stun and the medkit. Fortunately enough for the first mission of this type I have no big problems in whiping out the rest of the enemies so i have enough time to focus on the target

Yang are you not talking about capturing an item, not a enemy for interrogation?

not trying to state the obvious but I'm yet to come across anything where I have to capture another alien :(

If you are looking for an item then just look for the big red arrow, hover your mouse over it and you should get a little "hand" symbol. You can then pick it up and, provided you have killed everything the mission will close.

Sorry if that's not right though and I'm totally patronising you :(

Not from what I gathered, and there are missions to take or destroy both enemies and their gear. Death of enemies is easy, shoot the buggers until they fall over. Caturing them, that's the hard part. First capture mission I had I was lucky as hell on.

Imagine this, Alpha Squad has just raided enemy territory in order to capture one of their soldiers. There's six people in the squad, the initial four human pure soldiers, Hikari (soldier/scientist) and Pauline (soldier/tech), all armed with human rifles and equipped with (I think) Heavy Duty Suits.

After invading the enemy stronghold they are pinned by hostiles on top of the main platform in the fort area and are fighting for their lives, dropping beasts one at a time. Then the target appears, a beastman soldier. Being in the middle of a firefight and rather hard pressed, they finish off the target that they're on and fire a single volley at the target, which is enough to kill on beastman soldier, but they luck out and injure it badly instead. Shooting down some other beastmen, they run over to the target and capture it just in time to find that it's the last survivng enemy.

Second time, targetting a Shaman, and remembering what had happened the first time, the team focused on killing off all the target's support, then Ute pinged it with her rifle until it dropped.

Third time was a repeat, then the scientists and techies back at base managed to get out enough stun grenades to equip the squad, making the subsequent to operations to capture enemy personnel a lot easier.

Ok, the medkit worked like a charm and i managed to finish my first capture the enemy mission.

On the other hand I realy don't understant what's the logical motivation for needing to capture a single unit to defeat the enemy in that province. I mean, wouldn't the enemy consider themselves defeated once I kill the target or massacre their entire military force in the province? Or is the AI holding ransom negotiations behind my back to convince the enemy to leave the place for good :(