Location of save game description question

Stygian

I've created a vbscript that uses MS Debug run against Soldier.dat to create an Excel file of the list of my soldier units Rank, Name TUs, etc. Currently, it simply puts the slot name of the save in the Excel file as a description, but--in a effort to have to think even less--I'd like to use the actual save file name, for example, "Scape 9" or "Terror site 4" as the descriptor. Does one know what file/where the player's save game descriptions are kept? I can't seem to find them using standard text searching.

(moderator, please move this if it belongs in another sub forum)

Thanks NFK; By the Way, I used this vbscript to peek at the Psy Strength values of my units and was surprised to see that two of the three units killed in the last mission had Psy Strength values of 100 and 99 (third was 40). Was this coincidence, or are these high PST units targeted specifically for death by aliens? This is prior to Psy training or Psy Research of any kind, so yes, I am jumping the gun, but the values are in soldier.dat; I normally have an "if psy skill = 0 then psy str = 0" statement (so zero displays properly and I remain uninformed), but I rem'd it out just out of curiousity.

Total coincidence.

Then again, low psi soldiers are targeted for psi attacks by aliens as they are easier to control. Once a unit with low psi skills is under alien control, another unit is picked. Basically this is one less soldier which will be killed by the aliens (and you aren't going to kill your own men either). So the probabilities that a high psi-strength soldier will be killed increase as the number of low-psi soldiers fall under alien MC. :D

- Zombie