Alternate Ending

Guest Sasquatch

Guest Sasquatch

I couldn't believe this!

I was on a farm mission scouting a crashed ship when I came across a lone sectoid. Now I had enough TU's so I picked up a flower and held it in front of him and said, "Peace, my friend" and he said, "Ok" and then I get a MISSION SUCCESS screen.

Then, later that day on the geoscape I get a message that says, "THE ALIEN THANKS YOU FOR THE FLOWER." Then it switched into some gardening mini-game where three sectoids in floral hats and gardening outfits rapidly pour water on a bucket of dirt! I played the sectoid in the middle and the faster I clicked the more water he pours and then, over time, the dirt bucket starts to flower. If you beat the other two sectoids and make your flower grow full-size, then it cuts to a scene of the sectoid hugging a flower and it says, "THE ALIENS BECOME OBSESSED WITH FLOWERS AND FORGET ABOUT THE WAR" and then it shows the X-Com members in party hats with a birthday cake.

Weird, huh?

What? Never? Oh.

How about the Three-Cows-Standing truce declaration that happens three missions after you've researched the harvester? Granted, it's not the most useful of truces. All it does is make any cows spawned in combat weild heavy cannons and fire back at the aliens with you, but ...

Never mind.

- NKF

I've never seen that one either. But once I got the ending where X-Com goes public, and enlists the aid of all the world's armies to fight the invaders. You play fine for a few weeks but at the end of the month the aliens have had enough and nuke your bases from orbit. "TUNGUSKA BASE HAS BEEN DESTROYED" Whaaa..?

Flowers, though... thats nuts.

(Although it explains a few of their choices in base decoration.)

Actually "There is no cow level" is the Auto-Win in Starcraft, but yes, is based off of the Cow Level myth from Diablo I. The humorous thing is that the Cow Level (Known as the Moo Moo Farm) does exist in Diablo II.

If anyone needs to know anything about any blizzard product up until Warcraft III, just ask me. I over-played them.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget the Matrix alternate sequence: the X-COM commander discovers right before Cydonia that X-COM doesn't exist and all humans have been imprisioned by the aliens and are living on an alternate reality to make them believe that there are actually UFOs while the truth is that the whole thing is this is all a big Pong game.

Actually "There is no cow level" is the Auto-Win in Starcraft, but yes, is based off of the Cow Level myth from Diablo I.  The humorous thing is that the Cow Level (Known as the Moo Moo Farm) does exist in Diablo II.

If anyone needs to know anything about any blizzard product up until Warcraft III, just ask me.  I over-played them.

BreakMage;

I think I still have a single player WCII level that litterally took me over a year to make with tweaking and all.

On the good side it's VERY challenging.

On the down side it does start slowly.

Interested?

This thread is by Sasquatch.

The HAY thread is by Sasquatch.

But the Sasquatch here knows what grammer means.

https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/blink.gif

https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/laugh.gif

https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/laugh.gif

That's not the first time I've made that particular mistake.

Last time I spelt current as currant. I had to eat my words. https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/wink.gif