Musical X-COM

kai

Recently I've found that when playing UFO/TFTD, if you hit the windows key and then go back in to the game, the music ends up sounding much better.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

More Geoscape sequences? Actually, both of the geoscape sequences from the PC version were split into two parts for the PSX. Track 5 for example begins roughly 4 minutes into the gmgeo2 music sequence.

Neat stuff all the same. The only music track that I'm not familiar with is track 12, which I'm told is the second battlescape track.

As for the CE edition of ufo, it uses the same midi sample table as Windows. since it uses DirectX for its midi output. It does seem a little unusual that switching between the programs changes the sounds. But as it is happening with a dated soundcard, I suppose it's not that unusual. My old win95 machine with an older SB pro will only let one program use the soundcard for midi and SFX output at any given time. When it switches between various multimedia programs, it often muddles the midi output for a bit, but it eventually goes back to normal after a while.

- NKF