Multiple monitor gaming

I imagine at some point everyone who owns a pc has realised there's usually more than one monitor adaptor on their graphics card. How many people actually use more than one though? I run two monitors all the time, generally a main one for gaming and a secondary one for internet browsers, mostly keeping me up to speed on my ebaying!!!

Unfortunately very few games actually support more than one monitor. Flight Sim does and apparently so does Star Trek Armada 2 but I have no idea of any other games that are compatible with multiple screens. So any ideas? Anyone else have a similar setup and has anyone ever seen a game played over more than one monitor? Do tell...

At work I'm usefully using two and even three monitors. For gaming... well... one for the game and one for googling probably is the normal mix.

Most flight simulators can handle a few monitors. Three might be most useful (front, right, left) but more have been seen in the wild. (I remember a web page that detailed a 8- or 9-monitor setup.)

Eve Online supports up to three monitors. Extremely pretty space MMOG.

Not used multiple monitors much. I played around with the idea a while back using my LCD screen and my old 17" CRT. It was helpful when programming but I found Alt+Tabbing is just as easy to use and I didn't end up with my neck hurting from having to turn my head to see the other monitor.

It didn't help that my CRT monitor makes a horrid screeching noise when it's on either. ;)

Now, if I find myself really needing two monitors I just setup my laptop next to me with whatever I need on it.

I'm on two 19" monitors with space for a third on the other side of my main screen but my graphics card will only take two at the moment. I hate microsoft flight sim or I'd be very tempted to go for a card with an extra adapter and try it out ;)

Ooh that's damn cool!!! Unfortunately I'm back to using CRT right now after my TFT got smashed up in a car crash a while back :) That isn't a problem technically but can you imagine playing a three screen wide game of oblivion with two big four inch gaps ;) I think I'll wait till I can at least put a TFT in the middle!

I can Imagine dual-monitors could be pretty neat for all games that require some kind of management and status screens, EVE-online would be an excellent example of it. There are wa-h-ay too many windows to fit in one screen in that game:P

Well I never knew this actually worked but I always thought it should... In X2 you have a similar number of unwieldy windows and menus so it made sense that you could distribute over two screens.

Now I never tried it because I've just got to a point where I've built two fantastically profitable factories in enemy infested territory. I got fed up of losing freighters so I gave up a while ago and haven't gone back to it yet!

Apparently though, a friend of mine says that X2 and X3 both work with dual screens so I'm tempted to give it another try... Anyone still playing these games who could check it out???

The DS is about as powerful as the N64, perhaps more so. It has two screens (each of which have their own CPU), one of which is a touch screen. It can run either DS or GBA games.

It also has a microphone and wireless NIC built in.

While the DS screens are somewhat smaller then the PSP, the DS has proven to be much more popular - This could be because people don't like programming for Sony's handheld (due to a rather weird SDK), or perhaps the price gap, or even because stylus gaming is much more fun.

While the original version is a little large, it fits into my pocket easily enough. A smaller version has been recently released, though.

Bit like the old WOPR eh ;) I don't see the point in the DS personally, I'd rather control a game the old fasioned way. Keys and buttons... I really don't want to spend my time using a pencil thing to draw my way out of sticky situation, I'd rather just stick to my W,A,S,D gaming and blow everything to hell with the good old trusty CTRL!

On a PC, if you want to play an FPS, you really want a mouse. A stylus emulates that brilliantly. It isn't suited to all games, of course, so not all games use them.

Although there aren't any X-Com titles for the DS, there is Rebelstar Tactical Command.