Game Developers Conference 2006

Slaughter

GDC 2006 is starting now, and FiringSquad has conducted several interviews related to it. Interview with the GDC director can be found here, while these are the others that I find interesting:

Anyone remember Dune Nukem 3D? Lovely FPS back in the days when FPS games were innovative and fun. Shrinking your opponent, laser trip mines and all that stuff was just mind blowing! FPS has taken a step back since then. FiringSquad had a chat with 3D Realms about their current projects, Dune Nukem Forever being one of them. Still no release date, but the interview still has several interesting points that you can read here.

How about SIN? Remember flying in with the police helicopter blasting bad guys with the minigun? FiringSquad talks to Ritual about their upcoming SIN Episodes and more here.

For newer FPS games, Unreal Tournament is quite fun. FiringSquad chats with Mark Rein about the Unreal Engine 3.0, the future of PC gaming and more here.

Like Deus Ex? So do I! Almost as much as I hate Deus Ex: Visible Rape... Anyway, Warren Spector abandoned the sinking ship after DX:IW, and formed his own studio. Read a little about past and present in FiringSquad's interview, including him admitting that DX:IW had some failings here.

Spotted at Blue's News