Well, that was new

Jh316

That's not too bad -- at least you got time to bulk up security. I think my top record for a base attack in a new campaign on superhuman was right after the first UFO I shot down (it was shot down far too close to my base). I can tell you I scrapped that campaign immediately and started a new one. I didn't have enough firepower (HC-AP/HE) to go around to take on the cyberdiscs.

I get the feeling that the first ufo spawned in the game was out on a retaliation mission... which is rather uncommon.

Just bad luck I suppose. :(

- NKF

I think that earliest I have been attacked was late Feb.

Something else that I have noticed is that the aliens tend to find your bases in the order that they are placed. One time I just let the aliens take my bases. They got the first 6 in order. :dontgetit:

I forget, if you get your base attacked, and you just have HWPs guarding it, you get a chance to defend the base, right? Because I always man new bases with 8 HWPs (4 T/RL and 4 T/C), but I've never actually been attacked at these new bases, before I get squads there.

They're also the only large unit that cannot be stunned.

You have a limit to the number of soldiers that can enter a battle. Each tank takes up 4 unit slots. So if you have 8 tanks, that's 32 unit slots used up already.

If you want to stuff a lot of tanks into a base for base defence -- do it with hover tanks rather the plain tracked tanks. The fusion/hovertank in particular excels at base defence. Why? 8x HWP blaster bombs -- which you won't even have to produce. A few very well placed hits at the very start of the defence mission, and you've pretty much crippled the raiders' army. If there's any rockets left after the battle, you get to keep them too.

- NKF