Is Fallout 3 on the way?

KoMik

I think NMA has won me over. :P Most of what they say is completely true, unfortunately nobody listens to them, hehe. I wish I had more time to read the news comments, what little I read of the new ones and the very first ones (at the time of BoS), was very interesting.

Actually, the maoist review of Fallout was far more entertaining than the poster. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. https://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/bookstor...es/fallout.html

BWT, saw your posts there, Slaughter. :P

After Troika went under, where did its dev's go?

I mean, those were the last surviving members of interplay and Black Isle. From what they did with Bloodlines and Arcanum (in the roleplaying sense), I would've been happy to have them develop Fallout 3.

Some of the Troika guys (like Tim Cain) are still laying low for the most part. Mike McCarthy is working on a turn-based sci-fi RPG called T-BAR 3/4, Leonard Boyarsky is rumored to be working at Blizzard (as an artist), and Brian Mitsoda (one of the key Bloodlines people) is working at Obsidian.

Say, guys, what do you think about the prospect of having the contacts in this here card handed over to the Duck and Cover regulars ?...

Believe it or not, DAC already does have contacts with the Bethesda folks. Pete has promised an interview sometime in the vague future and MSFD used to come by a lot. And of course, everyone already knows the address on Piccard Drive (just in case, you understand).

"Mike McCarthy is working on a turn-based sci-fi RPG called T-BAR 3/4 (...)"

Great link, that, baby arm. :P

Not only is it enlightening, it also makes for some fun reading.

::

"For me, there is far more tension in turn based games than in real time (unless you're playing with other humans). When your guy has 3 hit points left, and just enough action points left to take one last aimed shot at your wounded opponent, you are PRAYING it hits... hesitant to hit the button... you fire and miss and it's his turn.... You are PRAYING he misses.... He does by some miracle!! You fire back and kill him! HAHAHA Man, I'm getting tense just type this. Turn based isn't for everyone, but I betting there's plenty of people who read this and know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. (...)"

No question about that... :P

Heck, there should be a disclaimer notice before the above passage "I will not be held responsible for any withdrawal symptoms you may experience upon the reading of the designated passage." :P