Get me started?

Praetoris

Hey folks,

I installed my copy of Enemy Unknown the other day for a bit of nostalgia. I'm thinking of trying out some mods and tweaks this time that might ad to the experience and I was hoping someone here could give me a little info on what to do and what not. :lovetammy:

I've been looking around the net for some things to try out, but most of the time I just end up with dead links or I simply can't get the thing working.

So what would you recommend? What should I try, where can I get it and how do I install it?

If it's mods/utilities/editors you want, check out our files page at StrategyCore.

What to try depends on what you want to do. If you want to improve your soldiers, bases etc, you'll need an editor. (Look under tools in our file section). A fairly good editor for beginners is UFOSAVED by Víctor Fernández Martínez. Another editor which I strongly recommend is X-Com Hack (UFO:EU) by Chris Voss (aka "hatfarm"). It is windows-based, easy to install, is fairly comprehensive in scope and edits practically everything from battlescape to geoscape. I would also suggest the UFO.EXE Editor by the same author. That editor changes stuff in your executable such as starting base facilities, soldier names, and weapons. It has a fail-safe mechanism though: it makes backups in case you make a mistake! The last editor I recommend is XCOMUTIL by Scott T. Jones. It's wildly popular and can change everything you could ever think of, and some you wouldn't. It is a little bit tough trying to get it set-up but it is worth the fuss. All of these editors need to be placed in your folder where your game executable resides.

Too lazy to customize stuff yourself? Check out our Mods file section. In there are all sorts of mods people made to spice up game play such as weapon packs, uniforms and allowing you to fight with the aliens. :lovetammy:

Good luck and happy bug-hunting!

- Zombie