How Do Floaters Sleep?

Danial

I just had an odd thought this morning in relation to Floaters:

How do you think they rest/sleep?

Would it be "standing up" like cows? Would they shut their anti-grav unit down and just fall down into a bed? Or do you think they'd have some special kind of harness to hold them vertical while they sleep? What's everyone's thoughts on this unusual topic??

It was noticed on an autopsy that Floaters have a bony cavity at the base of their skull just at the point where the floater/life support unit fixes to the remains of their spine. I am told by those who know that though they don't sleep as we know sleep, when their floater units are overhauled by alien medics they are hung on a kind of rack by this depresion. Many soldiers when bringing floater bodies back from the field utilise this method by hanging them to the side of Skyrangers by meat hooks in a similar way. At some bases they even call the stress members of the craft 'Floater Racks'. :(

Many soldiers when bringing floater bodies back from the field utilise this method by hanging them to the side of Skyrangers by meat hooks in a similar way. At some bases they even call the stress members of the craft 'Floater Racks'. :(

Doesn't that apply to Snakemen as well?

Doesn't that apply to Snakemen as well?

Yeah, the hooks fit nicely into the hard scales at the nape of the neck. It comes out though when newbie pilots land those poxy Skyrangers a bit hard. Chysalids we leave on the battlefield snuggling up to several grenades. Not many crews like to bring those shity things back with them - dead or not!

I'm pretty sure that dolphins only sleep with one half of the brain at a time so that they don't drown. Maybe it's the same with the floaters.

Either that or the floater life support systems include a caffine drip-feed, which also explains why I keep getting alien harvest missions in coffee crowing regions...

Either that or the floater life support systems include a caffine drip-feed, which also explains why I keep getting alien harvest missions in coffee crowing regions...

He who controls the coffee will rule the world?

• 1 month later...
I hate to resurrect an old post, but I was reading this last night and I developed a further question. What happens if a Floater hovers over a person who is lying prone? (Not in terms of UFO - EU... Perhaps if Floaters had been brought back to Apocalypse and one floated over a prone soldier, or even if it were to happen in reality) Would they be crushed? Set on fire? Atomized? What do you all think?

According to the X-Com Troopers Field Manual:

"Remember soldier, if you are caught unawares by a Floater and you have to dive underneath, this is quite safe due to their Grav Wave propulsion units but it may stop your watch." :cool:

• 3 weeks later...