scanners

infael

I don't understand very well how the doppler and wargot scanners work. However, if you're interested in investigating the game files, I've found a couple starting points in unpacked\strategic\configs\stratgame\equipment\equipment.txt

Doppler and Wargot scanner entries, respectively, are:

;#68
;#235

Do a Find on these two lines, and you'll be taken to the proper places, at least in 1.1 unmodded.

My educated guess (remember, only a guess) is that the Doppler scanner is stronger because it has a larger radius (50 vs. 30) under

Influencer Influencer RECORD

. Due to US release delays, lack of experience, and finals, and visiting relatives consuming my time, I haven't used scanners or even infrared yet. I am uncertain whether observation skills have any effect, so I'd like to add that question to this thread, though perhaps it has been answered elsewhere. In fact, I'd love a link to a thread explaining, in GUI and not mechanical/mathematical terms how scanners work. I've seen screenshots of infrared. Are doppler scanners just another view mode? Do I need to set them up? Does it have its own screen?

I don't understand very well how the doppler and wargot scanners work. However, if you're interested in investigating the game files, I've found a couple starting points in unpacked\strategic\configs\stratgame\equipment\equipment.txt

Doppler and Wargot scanner entries, respectively, are:

;#68
;#235

Do a Find on these two lines, and you'll be taken to the proper places, at least in 1.1 unmodded.

My educated guess (remember, only a guess) is that the Doppler scanner is stronger because it has a larger radius (50 vs. 30) under

Influencer Influencer RECORD

. Due to US release delays, lack of experience, and finals, and visiting relatives consuming my time, I haven't used scanners or even infrared yet. I am uncertain whether observation skills have any effect, so I'd like to add that question to this thread, though perhaps it has been answered elsewhere. In fact, I'd love a link to a thread explaining, in GUI and not mechanical/mathematical terms how scanners work. I've seen screenshots of infrared. Are doppler scanners just another view mode? Do I need to set them up? Does it have its own screen?

You must equip it in your soldiers' right hand and click on the scan button at the bottom right of the GUI where action buttons are. ( One of them changes to a scan button when it is equiped in the proper hand and also I believe you must be a scout to use it ) The scanner will scan graphicly on the screen showing a large translucent bubble and you can see the scan range while the game pauses.