Starghosts

Preda

I've just looked at my old saves, and the oldest dates may 17(ingame). there I didn't do the wargot subcampaign 'cause my ship was still under construction. However I did already encounterd SG on earth. It was at a mission which was suppossed to be a standard wargot elimination mission. After the mission I could research"New Enemy Race" at my laputa lab( aprox. 4days). When the research was finished, my medical lab come up with the possibility to research the encounterd starghosts.

I don't know that this helps'cause I don't know exactly what you've already DID research. Hopefully we can sort things out for you 'cause trust me, your in for a hell of a ride.

I'm stuck. I've got my first mission where I've got to destroy a Pillar of Death, and I cannot find it. How does it look like? Is it a unit? I killed all the starghosts in the area, I searched everywhere, but I can't find it! Here's the minimap of the area. Can you help me?

https://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4226/screenshot31lx.th.jpg

have you found the deathpillar in that mission? I did a simular one, and the damn thing was hidden inside a small room in the building.

have you found the deathpillar in that mission? I did a simular one, and the damn thing was hidden inside a small room in the building.

I didn't, in that mission. Then I restarted it, and foun the pillar in same place. Turns out there's a bug that eithe doesn't put the pillar in some pillar missions, or makes it disappear after some time. I've seen this with my own eyes.

Well guys im stuck too, and im about to give up and throw that piece of ... well, the whole game is messed up if you ask me, i was too lazy to fight of all that muppet show freaks called wargots, on earth so i left 1 or two wargot missions and went for their ship... after a few boring fights i blew the thing and came back to earth, as i recognized that one wargot mission didnt leave... weird i thought and started it, as i was competly suprised i suddenly faced starghosts, and the problem is i didnt get the research trigger or whatever, since then they are coming again and again, i have researched the 2nd wargot ship, and also saved the grey butts from the cultists, which are reduced to a territory in the states still trying to conquer the world lol... well however i dont have anything left to research exept a few psi (goodies), and i also never had a chance to research human warp weapons, i think my game is broke,

ps: i also had a mission without a pillar @ DOGSOLDIER which was the same map as yours, i reloaded and checked the map for one hour and no pillar... Bug number 10000 ? *sigh*

if anyone has an idea how i could trigger the starghost research give me a tell, or send me a savegame to harald@3ddesign.at so i can complete the game and get over it.

I tryd it using your script almighty, of course it doesnt work for me ;-( ill try it manually but have little hope that will help me...

EDIT: Well it works now after i manually changed the value by myself, took me an hour to figure out the commands again, more than a year passed since i used it , guess i should read the "readme" first :phew: i bless Snigget for making the vfstool now i can finally complete the "game" tonight and be prepared for a long judgment writing of AS :D

The commands you need are actually within the script (.bat file), all you have to do is ignore the call to the .jar file, and edit the save game yourself. By the way TYR, was there an error message and did you have java 1.4 or greater installed?

Edit: I've updated the patch slightly

Edited by almighty1

• 2 years later...

I downloaded the vfstool and got "Failed to enumerate directory".

I used winzip to copy to my saves directory, then went into DOS, drilled down to "saves"

Typed in vfstool sin in_mission.vfs unpacked

Got the error message above.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been overzealous in chasing the Cultsists.... I've got the spaceship and am working on the modules. Unless I'm on the right track and the ghosts will come after my assault?