Good Fallout-ey games?

Gungadin

I'm looking for some fun Fallout style games to spend my time with, that is, isometric perspective, lots of freedom and the like. The only games I played that approaches Fallout in quality have been Arcanum, Divine Divinity and Planescape: Torment. Aren't there some good indie games out there that ripoff Fallout?

I'm considering getting this: https://www.metalheart.ru/ it looks very much like a Fallout ripoff with a tactical bend. It got really bad reviews though.

Or some crossbreed between the two, some of which can be very good. Divine Divinity is arguably the best of the bunch, having both good story and quests as well as hack n' slash, although I also quite like Restricted Area, a little known game from a now defunct german developer. Basically Shadowrun crossed with Diablo, running around shooting mutants in isometric with a bunch of cyberware installed.

A year or so actually, it was in German originally. The designers failed to get a patch done on time, and their publisher went belly-up, probably partially because of poor sales from Restricted Area, which is a decent game in DIRE need of a patch that never came. To tell you the truth, I don't believe that the designing company is defunct as of yet, according to an E-Mail exchange I had with them a while ago while asking where the friggin' RA patch was at. They're currently working on a new project they said, although it appears they've abandoned the entire Cyberpunk theme. ;)

So much potential, such a sad ending for a game with a good basic idea.

How about Jagged Alliance 2?

I think you can still find it on budget in some places.

I found and ordered a copy a while ago because I only had a very buggy download version.

Shortly after buying it they went and re-released it with updated graphics. ;)

Jagged Aliance 2: Wildfire I think the re-released version is called.

Edit: I'd like to add that I only downloaded it first of all because I couldn't find the full version ANYWHERE.