Morale question

ignore my tentacles

Some of you 'older' (I say older in terms of membership, not necessarily age) guys must be getting a bit fed up of me by now. "Look here," I hear you cry, "Just shoot the UFO's down, kill the occupants and research stuff for crissakes". Yet again I have another question:

If I mind control an alien, but it is killed quickly by his former friends, who suffers the morale modifier, me or the aliens? I.e. does the units count as XCOM because I control it, or do the aliens suffer from having to kill one of their own? Is there a morale penalty for just losing a unit to mind control? I can't tell from my missions because if I lose someone, they usually go on to kill half my squad, polluting any evidence of them losing morale from the mind control alone. They tend to get a little down when 'Stefan Farber' guns down his former Captain and a couple of squaddies for some reason. Tsk.

Cheers

i-m-t

They've fixed this in the collectors edition.

In the collectors edition, mind controlled aliens lose morale when they kill other aliens. Both the aliens and mind controlled aliens lose morale when mind controlled aliens are killed, whether by you or them. X-Com units don't suffer from this.

In the regular dos version, this doesn't apply.

- NKF

Yeah, that's true in CE.

But I have a question that ties in to this: if you mind blast a sectoid, say, and then the sectoid guns down another sectoid, does your psy guy get the kill?

Because I have a few psy guy's stats that are going wayyyyy up, even firing accuracy, even though they just sit in the lightning and never walk out. I've been using this to my advantage, to get rookies stats up quick. I just have them uselessly attempt to mind control guys so their TUs and stuff go up.