I want YOU to play UFO for me!

Gimli

Here's the deal. I've been playing UFO on Superhuman. Without saving/loading. Except when it was really necessary, like on the beginning of every mission, and on the beginning of every month, and usually nowhere else. I would probably only save when I'd take a break, but the game crashes a lot on XP (I'm playing the Gold Edition). And of course on base defence misions.

Before I tell you what I want from you, I must share my story.

Most of the game was just so hard, I think I lost about 50-100 soldiers, those aliens have a very good accuracy. I lost a Skyranger on the first mision, one of the aliens fires a stun bomb at them on the very first turn, and it was mision failed.

For a long time I was barely surviving, at least one soldier died every mision, I went to one terror site and lost 6/10 soldiers, 9/18 died when ethereals attacked my base. I hid the soldiers in rooms to save them from dying on that base defence, it helped a lot.

About every month one country would stop funding me, I was even in debt a few times (about a million or so).

I only went to medium scout misions, because everything else was a suicide, even when I had flying suits. I just couldn't risk losing soldiers with power/flying suits, as elerium was hard to obtain, and ethereals were on most of the misions I went to, and it usually takes one or two shots to kill you, no matter the armor.

And then, by pure luck, the turning point came. When I was on a mision, an ethereal leader managed to stun himself. And lo, th psi-lab and psi-amps were there. After a few months of training I armed four soldiers with psi-amps.

From that moment on, I didn't lose a single soldier (except one when I went to get the snakeman commander - stupid blaster launchers, arrrg). Now I'm untouchable, I don't lose a single soldier, I've researched every important thing, every soldier has a flying suit, and the Avenger is there.

So, I got to Cydonia, but I can't get through the first part. It's just way to hard without reloading, mostly because half of the soldiers are not developed enough.

Now I get to my point. I could stay on Earth, play some more and train them, but quite frankly I'm bored with the misions. So I want YOU to do it for me. The reward is you'll get my top soldier named after you, and maybe something else if I think of something (sugestions are welcome, but don't expect much). Of course, only the best bid wins. :) Plus you'll get my "Ownage" save, which is very nice. You'll see why.

How are you going to do this, I don't care, under the condition that you don't lose any of the higher ranking/experienced soldiers. You can save and load as much as you like, make any changes you want, but don't mess with the higher ranking soldiers. I just want them trained. So I'll just give you the saves, and you get them ready for Cydonia. I want a save on Geoscape, so I can change anything if I want to.

A few notes:

1.) There are a lot of Alien bases (and I mean a LOT) which I couldn't take out before, for obvious reasons, so go ahead and clean them if you want to.

2.) I have two bases, adding another one is a waste of money, because it gets destroyed before defences get operational. Don't spend your money on a third one, unless you take out alien bases (there's about fifteen of them).

3.) Sell everything you don't need, as you'll lose a lot of money every month.

4.) Keep the countries that are still funding you (there's only a few of them, now).

5.) To obtain elerium, either shoot down small UFOs with weak weapons (laser cannons), there's an interceptor for that in the X-COM 2 base. Or, you can go on large UFOs which will land in the alien bases, which are close to the X-COM 1 base.

6.) I use the psi tactic, which goes something like this. I don't get any of the soldiers out, just the hovertank, if necessary. Then I MC a few aliens and bring them close to the ship. One always stays in the visible range of my soldiers and the next alien in his visible range and so on, effectively making a link. When it seems like there's no other aliens left I just make them kill each other in sequential order. :P It's a slow tactic, but otherwise it's almost flawless.

7.) Go to terror sites, you'll pretty much own the aliens.

8.) The only ones who can put up a fight are ethereals/sectopods, so be careful.

9.) Aliens have been trying to attack my first base for the last few months (must have been at least fifty times), they've landed only once, luckily th game crashed. :D If you want, you can dsimantle the defences, it shouldn't be hard to take them out on a mision.

10.) I strongly suggest using the psi-amps, they'll make your life easy, and there's five soldiers which are sure not to fail a psi attack, and it would be nice to get a few more of them.

Finally, I want my soldiers trained enough, meaning over 100 TUs, high accuracy and so on. Manage the saves any way you want, but keep the "Geoscape" one and save there when you're done with the training.

I'm going on a vacation today, and I'll probably be back in a month or so, so a lot of time for you. ;)

Oh, and yes, I could do it on my own, but I'm just too fed up with the misions. :)

Thanks in advance. You can get the saves here in a .zip file.

I was going to post a whole number of suggestions a few nights ago - but I stupidly did not hit 'add reply' and forgot about it as my mind was occupied with other matters.

But my best suggestion would be to start over from the very beginning, and start challenging yourself in various ways and start to learn to play the game better. I don't know what you could do to challenge yourself - you'd have to find the answer to that for yourself. Although I would recommend that you stop using the mind control ability of the psi-amp. That just makes the game too easy. Then work your way up from there.

If you're really not having fun anymore, it's time to put the game down and pick up another one for a while. Give it a rest for a while, like a month or two, and start a new X-Com game from scratch.

- NKF