Cenega: "Everyone's invited"

Thorondor

With an invite you can get in IF you're a member of the gaming industry. From the E3 site:

Welcome to the E3 2005 Attendee Registration. Please note that E3 is a trade-only event and is not open to the general public. Individuals who are not able to document their direct and current professional affiliation to the interactive entertainment industry are not qualified to attend. Applications will not be processed without complete information and identification. The Management of E3 2005 reserves the right to deny any applicant admission.

Well, I've got one foot in the E3 door. I applied on-line today . . I just need to fax in "qualifying industry credentials" and I'm good to go! Tomorrow I'll send them a copy of my pay stub and W-2 (an annual earnings statement used for tax purposes in the US). You don't have to necessary work for gaming company, but you do have to work for a company that does business with one (computer / computer parts companys, advertising agencies, large retail chains, etc.). It also helps if you are a middle manager type; they don't like twenty-something year olds and hate teenagers, even if they do buy the majority of the games.

If the on-line registration doesn't work, then I'll get a paper invite. I've attended E3 the past two years using paper invitations, but this will be the first time I've tried the electronic edition.

In any event, start thinking up some good questions for me to ask the ALTAR Interactive folks. I'll put together some of my own as well, but the less I have to think the better!

And if you want me to take some incriminating photos of Robert, Martin and J.R., just let me know. Since Cenega has moved up to the big leagues (the South Hall) rather than the Kentia ghetto, maybe I could get a booth babe to rap herself around one of them! :lol:

"Since Cenega has moved up to the big leagues (the South Hall) (...)"

Isn't that the _West_ Hall ?

Never mind me, Mike, never mind... just keep your eye on those tax forms... :lol:

::

p.s.: GameSpy has put together a list of the games said slated for an E3 appearance. You can have a look at it here.