Mods, artworks and S3!

Slaughter

Stargate SG-1 weapons:

redotter made a little ALPine plugin containing the Zat'n'kitel from Stargate SG-1. You can read more about it (and a few other mods coming from him) here, and download it from our plugins section.

Half Life 2: Resistance - Aftermath mod:

Demegatron is planning to make a small Half Life 2 themed mod for Aftermath called Resistance. He hopes to include all of the highlighted enemies from the upcoming game. If you're interested in helping out, or just looking for more information, take a look at this thread.

Two new Aftershock artworks:

French GAMECULT.COM have two new artworks of the upcoming UFO:Aftershock on their site. There is also a small article about it, but since I know no French, you'll have to find out what it says for yourself.

Thanks to MirabelleBenou of ESPRIT-STR for the heads up!

Silent Storm: Sentinels (S3) demo!

Any turn-based fan should be overjoyed to hear that the English demo for Silent Storm: Sentinels is out! If you are one of the unfortunate souls that haven't tested Silent Storm yet, you can read about it at S2HQ.

The Sentinels demo features 3 missions, and you can download it from 3D Gamers. A list of mirrors are available at Blue's News. Do yourself a favour and enjoy it!

"There is also a small article about it, but since I know no French, you'll have to find out what it says for yourself."

Since I dabble a little in French, I decided to provide a translation. It's not a word-for-word one, but those knowing the language will find it accurate enough:

"A big month after its announcement, UFO: Aftershock reveals itself a little more with two artworks to introduce us to some of the protagonists of the title in polygonal form. In passing, its publusher Cenega had the good idea to disclose some additional information about the setting of this game to be expected in the third quarter of 2005. The title will reclaim one of UFO: Aftermath's endings, the one where earth's inhabitants accepted to leave their planet in the hands of the alien scientists and go to live on a large artificial rock on orbit. A few years later, without news and slightly apprehensive, the humans return and find quite aggressive new visitors. On location missions and alien dissections are again in the order of the day and fans of the first episode, developped by Altar Interactive thus have reason to wait with impatience."

::

Novelties do not abound...

Never had much to do with Silent Storm, but I have been over and lookd at the screenies and am currently downloading the demo (200MB!) Oooooh can't wait...

Silent Storm is awesome! Any TB fan should try it!

Slaughter, nah mate didn't like it that much, I think I have gone off TB games, I just finished FOT and ran all the battles in real time.

Then you are probaly off TB as you say. I have hardly heard any TB fan say he didn't like it. FOT in RT? Ugh! ;)

I think SS get's off to a bit of a slow start, but once you're into the storyline it's quite gripping and cool.

Also, thefact that the game plays out so differently even if you play the same difficulty level twice is great - key missions are quite different each time ;)

Hell yes. I shot a german trooper with one of the game's more... err... powerful weapons and the physics engine blew him nicely into a tree where he lay apparently wrapped around it in a painful looking way with his leg hanging over one branch and his arm swinging over another. Kinda gives a real sense of OUCH that no previous game in this genre has managed ;)

I just ricochet'd a bullet through an explosive barrel, off the wall behind it and into a box of TNT in the Ural Mountains mission. I leveled the entire map and failed the game, but it was a cool shot ;)