Great beta review!

Slaughter

Lars Andersen have been kind enough to review the beta version of UFO:Aftermath for us. And this is a great review! Granted it is a painful read for us hardcore Aftermath fans, but the conclusion is positive despite the bad sides he points out. You can find the review here.

If you wish to discuss this review, you can post comments to this thread, or visit the official boards here. Enjoy!

I strongly hope that the 1.8 Beta reviewed by Lars is quite different from the gold one,because reading the excellent review of Larsen it seems that Beta could have obtained no more than 55% of final rating,considering the lack of personality that Aliens seems to have into Aftermath ,a feature that was one of the classy touches of that game.

-In addition the part of his review concerning the balance of the game make me scary a lot,considering Larsen knows what he says,because he played all the previous series.

Please read his review ( I know it can take 15 minutes but it is real great ) and please let us know what has changed into the gold release because I'm starting to warry a lot.

Boomer

I play UFO in our office and I dont have the same problems as Lars. For instance I still don't have 6 rocket launchers after 20 missions (just one), I still don't have enough human weapons, I still didn't meet every alien in the game etc. About the language - the text was written by native English (or American, I am not sure)! Well, it seems I play different game than Lars :-]. Anyway, nice review from which we can take a lot ideas for sequel. Thanks Lars and Slaughter!

For instance I still don't have 6 rocket launchers after 20 missions (just one), I still don't have enough human weapons, I still didn't meet every alien in the game etc.

Who knows Jiri, maybe you just suck at the game! :blink::eh::) :angel:

Well, it seems I play different game than Lars :-].

Well, from what Martin said, the final version is two builds newer than the review version. So I guess there have been quite a bit of balancing since the review version?

Anyway, I'm getting the game anyway, and I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas. Can't wait!