PC Zone review...

Slaughter

@Ghostrider: Thanks! That would be great!

@samsmithnz: I agree. Read PC Gamer a few years ago, and they hardly ever gave a game below 80%. And they kept going on about the great graphics (it was in the worst graphics junky period). Who gives a shit about the graphics if the game sucks!?! Only games they gave below 80% was games with less good graphics. Haven't read PC Zone though.

@Ghostrider: Thanks! That would be great!

@samsmithnz: I agree. Read PC Gamer a few years ago, and they hardly ever gave a game below 80%. And they kept going on about the great graphics (it was in the worst graphics junky period). Who gives a shit about the graphics if the game sucks!?! Only games they gave below 80% was games with less good graphics. Haven't read PC Zone though.

Actually The latest couple of PC gamers seem to have chosen a whole lot of really shit (and very obscure) games to rate between 20 - 60%. Token effort...

The countdown is approaching the 0 and we are starting to ask to ourselves if UFO producers are ready to release patches in case this will be neccessary.

Is the 26/9 date confirmed for the release ?

Thanks

Boomer

P.S. The to the game gap between the number one and UFO is more or less 40 votes,we need to push it up concretely if we want to win,push them up guys,register yourselves twice if it is necessary,but UFO is definely the most wanted game :angel:

Hi guys, Just to let you know the first review (PC Zone) should be on sale tomorrow (18/9/03) - I will get a scan done and hand it over to Slaughter to post on here. The next confirmed review is going to be in PC Gamer - should be on sale about the 25th - but I know they had played around with the on sale dates a few months back, so it might be out by a few days.

As for the release date - bad news I am afraid! - it has gone back to the 3rd October (UK) - for a few reasons:-

1) We could make the 26th September, but it would leave us no margin for error - so if there was a delay in printing or shipping then the shops would not get the stock in time - which would be very bad!

:bomber: :bomber:

2) In the UK there are about 20-30 games coming out on the 26, and only about 8 on the 3rd October, so to ensure the game gets the shelf space it deserves we pushed the date back a week.

But UFO: Aftermath will be available in the UK from the 3rd October (Italy will be on the 10th October, France a week or so later - everywhere else should be on the same day) - so do not worry it is coming soon (not accounting for fire, flood, world war, alien invasion (!) or other acts of god!)

A week is not so bad after waiting this long. I'm glad you're thinking of such things. Aftermath definitely needs to get adequate shelf space and attention!

(By the way, Brian, I sent you a PM when you were online earlier, but you disappeared before it was sent. Good to see you here at our forum, and come back again soon!)