Summary of first review...

Slaughter

Yurri have been kind enough to provide us with a little summary of the Score magazine review. You can expect a full translation later on, if he finds the time, but here's the main points:

GOODS:

Fantastic combat system, solid graphics, really looong gameplay ( 40+ hours), quantity of weapons and equipment, very similar to legendary X-Com series

BADS:

Occasional AI problems, nastily processed menu, music is almost missing and poorer sound, after time repeated owing to poor storyline presentation

VERDICT:

Excellent game, which in continuous way relates on tradition of beloved X-Com series

86%.................review by Score magazine.

Thanks to Yurri for the summary, looking forwards to the translation!

I am not sure Kahnn. I just concluded it meant that the menu is annoying in some way. Guess we'll get a closer description soon.

And I agree on the AI issue SV. Hope that's minor. But I guess the score would have been hurt more if not...

Finaly a review/preview that tells us the truth.

Its great to hear it has good features in the game. But why havnt we been told about the lack of AI and lack of music/sound before ?

Previews cant realy be trusted.

But a preview with both sceptic and posetiv comments are trustworthy in my oppinion. Im realy tired of looking at those 100% perfect game previews.

There was one preview at least that mentioned some problems with the AI (think it was the one in the forum). And reason they don't say too much negative in previews is that it's based on a alpha or pre-alpha stage off the game. They know that such a version lacks many features, and are full of bugs.

As for the review summary, it says "Occasional AI problems". That doesn't have to mean the AI sucks. It may just mean that the aliens now and then get stuck or something. It's not a good thing whatever the truth is though... :blink:

Anyway, I look forwards to reading a review myself, not to mention playing the game! :)